[Ads-l] "low-key" = "kind of" cit from Boston Globe

Mark Mandel markamandel at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 27 21:41:38 UTC 2022

Almost totally off topic, there's a character in Neil Gaiman's novel *American
Gods* called "Low-Key Lyesmith", an alias of the Norse god Loki: "Low-Key"
because in this persona he's always unemotional and quiet, and "Lyesmith" a
disguised version of "liesmith", an accurate description of one whose words
can never be trusted.

Mark Mandel