[Ads-l] ADS-L Digest - 26 Sep 2022 to 27 Sep 2022 (#2022-242)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Sep 28 17:01:56 UTC 2022

Good point, Amy.  There's one nice "us" cleft of that form, from a smokers'
addiction group; here, the contrast is explicit.  "It" below refers to the
nicotine patch.

It's an aid.

If you forget to use it see how you do.

If you forget two days in a row you should realize they aren't keeping you
from smoking.

It's us who keep us from smoking.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Quitting-Methods/Nicotine-patches-help/td-p/150075