[Ads-l] "Banana Split" - Slight antedating, September 1905

Wed Apr 12 20:36:02 UTC 2023

Your suspicions are correct. LH. Thanks and apologies.
The word in the excerpt was “Mere” not “More”. The text in the image
is degraded; hence the optical character recognition result was
incorrect, and I did not catch the error.
I can send the pertinent PDFs to researchers upon request.

[Begin excerpt – please double-check with digital image to detect typos]
Another popular Sundae, especially with the ladies, is called "Coney
Island" and consists of a banana split in two with a mold of ice cream
at one end and sherbet at the other and fruit or nut salad in center.
Mere words cannot do justice to this toothsome dish.
[End excerpt]

Garson