[Ads-l] mysterious antedatings of "foo fighter"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Apr 13 00:10:37 UTC 2023

Apparently a WWII (or, the above suggests, a slightly pre-WWII) designation
for what we now call UFOs.  Who knew?  (Well, probably some of you, but not
me.)

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/lets-talk-about-foo-fighters-no-not-dave-grohls-band/

(There's also a wikipedia page, but nothing that would predict occurrences
as early as 1939, much less in Texas and Indiana. But typos seems unlikely.
Maybe time-travelers--there are a lot of time-travel scenarios set during
that period.)

LH