[Ads-l] New word: "promptography"

Fri Apr 28 20:03:02 UTC 2023

Excellent article. The umbrella term "AI art" is popular on Reddit. I
was trying to recall other names I had encountered and decided to ask
ChatGPT. Most of the names ChatGPT suggested I had heard before, but
each name was used with a different meaning in the past.

Question to ChatGPT: what is a good name for AI generated pictures?
Something like promptograph?

[Begin reply]
There are many possibilities for naming AI-generated pictures. Here
are some ideas:

ArtiGraph - a combination of "artificial" and "photograph"
GenPic - short for "generated picture"
SynthShot - a play on "synthetic" and "snapshot"
PixelForge - a name that suggests the creation of images from individual pixels
MindFrame - a name that suggests the intersection of technology and creativity
VisionCraft - a name that emphasizes the artistic aspect of the images
AIart - a name that simply combines "AI" and "art"

Ultimately, the name you choose will depend on the purpose and context
of the AI-generated pictures, as well as your personal preferences.
[End reply]

In the near future regurgitating AI responses will probably be banned
in most forums (for laziness or inaccuracy) unless it is a
particularly clever AI.
Garson