[Ads-l] Internet Archive

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 13 21:49:45 UTC 2023

I'm guessing that any loss of functionality can be attributed to Internet
Archive coming to grips with their ongoing legal issues. After losing a
copyright infringement case against four publishers, the publishers
announced on Friday that "they had negotiated a deal with the archive that
would remove all their copyright books from the site." From the NYTimes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/13/business/media/internet-archive-emergency-lending-library.html

The IA blog says, "We expect that, at least while the appeal is pending,
there will be changes to our lending program, but the full scope of those
changes is a question pending with the district court."

https://blog.archive.org/2023/08/11/our-fight-is-far-from-over/