[Ads-l] EOTY candidate

Baker, John 000014a9c79c3f97-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Sat Dec 23 23:20:16 UTC 2023

My translation would be, “The problem is that our customers are smarter than we expected.”

John Baker

From: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> On Behalf Of Nancy Friedman
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2023 6:12 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: EOTY candidate

Here's another, from a paywalled story in the Minneapolis Star Tribune (I
found the full text on Reddit). The person who forwarded it to me provided
a helpful translation: “It's not my fault — it’s those fucking customers.”

>>Distress signals went up in Golden Valley on Wednesday morning: People
are buying fewer General Mills products. People may continue to buy fewer
General Mills products.

>>CEO Jeff Harmening chalked up the setback to "stronger-than-anticipated
value-seeking behaviors" and "a return toward historical price
elasticities."<<

Nancy Friedman
Chief Wordworker
https://wordworking.com<https://wordworking.com>