[Ads-l] Fw: Antedating of "Goof Off"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 11 20:28:48 UTC 2023

I never think of antedating as a competitive sport. Well, hardly ever.
If one is posted here (and interests me), and I suspect an earlier one
can be found, I often look for it.

Sometimes they are serendipitous, like the 1942 and 1918 "jarheads." I
wouldn't have looked if I hadn't stumbled upon the faux etymology from
"jar lamp."

JL