[Ads-l] Scandalous!

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Jul 13 14:26:00 UTC 2023

A bit more info at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tic-tac-toe, also giving a date in the mid-1880s, and providing antecedents for a couple of millennia before then (without the name).  I remember learning the algorithm for never losing in the early 1950s.  Unlike the youngster JL, I had 19th century grandparents who didn’t know the game but a 19th century father who did.

LH