[Ads-l] APA Style Guide on: How to cite ChatGPT

Wed Jun 14 00:26:00 UTC 2023

The APA (American Psychological Association) has a webpage about how
to cite text generated by the AI system ChatGPT.

Date created: April 7, 2023
Article: How to cite ChatGPT
Author: Timothy McAdoo
https://apastyle.apa.org/blog/how-to-cite-chatgpt

[Begin excerpt]
In this post, I discuss situations where students and researchers use
ChatGPT to create text and to facilitate their research, not to write
the full text of their paper or manuscript. We know instructors have
differing opinions about how or even whether students should use
ChatGPT, and we’ll be continuing to collect feedback about instructor
and student questions. As always, defer to instructor guidelines when
writing student papers. For more about guidelines and policies about
student and author use of ChatGPT, see the last section of this post.
[End excerpt]

A comment to the article mentioned an archive of AI interactions:

Questions by Humans, Answers by A.I.
https://aiarchives.org/

[Begin excerpt]
Easily share your ChatGPT and Bard conversations. Organize and browse
A.I. chats. How to cite ChatGPT? Look no further!
[End excerpt]

Garson