[Ads-l] antedating boner

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 23 22:26:28 UTC 2023

Does anyone dare to say "pull a boner" nowadays?

It seemed like an everyday expression in the late '50s and could be
encountered in Disney comics and similar sources (w/o the "off"). I
personally didn't hear the phallic "boner" until my freshman year in
college.

JL