[Ads-l] Internet Archive was Re: Quote: We have not got any money, so we have got to think (Attributed to Ernest Rutherford)

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Fri Sep 29 23:32:52 UTC 2023

On 9/28/23 12:00 AM, ADS-L automatic digest system wrote:
> Date:    Wed, 27 Sep 2023 22:28:48 -0400
> From:    ADSGarson O'Toole<adsgarsonotoole at GMAIL.COM>
> Subject: Quote: We have not got any money, so we have got to think (Attributed to Ernest Rutherford)
<snip>
> Some of the items we uncovered were only visible as snippets in Google
> Books. The enormously valuable controlled digital lending mechanism of
> the Internet Archive allowed me to recently verify some crucial
> citations with scans. Sadly, this online library may be shut down in
> the future.

The shutdown may be due to  legal issues that can't be solved by money,
but if you <indefinite/general, not particular> believe in the Internet
Archive, you can donate to them. I'm amazed (and pleased) that my
tightfisted husband has donated to them (but it fits with his FOSS and
HFOSS work . . . .)

---Amy West