[Ads-l] Jazz and 1913 SF Bulletin

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 30 18:44:51 UTC 2023

As Barry Popik noted on Twitter/X, the San Francisco Bulletin has recently
been added to the holdings of Newspapers.com. Here are "jazz" cites from
the Bulletin from March 1913 (I clipped the first one and Barry clipped the
rest):

Mar. 3:
https://www.newspapers.com/article/san-francisco-bulletin-very-much-to-the/132683997/
Mar. 6:
https://www.newspapers.com/article/san-francisco-bulletin-what-is-the-jaz/132665490/
Mar. 8:
https://www.newspapers.com/article/san-francisco-bulletin-jazz-1913/132665501/
Mar. 14:
https://www.newspapers.com/article/san-francisco-bulletin-jazz-at-boyes-s/132665513/
Mar. 24:
https://www.newspapers.com/article/san-francisco-bulletin-jazz-1913/132665566/
Mar. 29:
https://www.newspapers.com/article/san-francisco-bulletin-jazz-used-nine/132665560/

I see Dave was able to obtain copies of these from Gerald Cohen for his
entry, but it's nice to have them all online.

https://www.wordorigins.org/big-list-entries/jazz

--Ben