[Ads-l] 2024 NARNiHS Research Incubator

NAm Research Network in HistSocio narnihistsoc at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 5 10:39:56 UTC 2024

Dear colleagues,

The 2024 Research Incubator of the North American Research Network in
Historical Sociolinguistics (NARNiHS) will take place entirely online April
25-27. The full program is now available on our website: narnihs [dot]
org/?page_id=2728

Note that NO registration is necessary for NARNiHS members to attend the
fully online NARNiHS 2024. Conference access information  will be sent to
all NARNiHS members in a separate message as we get closer to the
conference dates (25-27 April 2024).

The NARNiHS Research Incubator offers a rich environment for the
exploration of new approaches to theory, methodology, and analytical
protocols in historical sociolinguistics. One of the novelties this year is
a Roundtable that will take place at the end of the conference. The
Roundtable will be moderated by DONALD TUTEN (Emory University), and it
will include a total of four short presentations on the present and future
directions in Historical Sociolinguistics. Guest Speakers are TERTTU
NEVALAINEN (University of Helsinki), GIJSBERT RUTTEN (Leiden University),
JOSEPH SALMONS (University of Wisconsin-Madison), and ISRAEL SANZ-SÁNCHEZ
(West Chester University).

Please join us and contribute to the invigorating discussion and
brainstorming of fresh ideas in historical sociolinguistics.  We look
forward to seeing you at our panels!

Not a member yet, but interested in joining NARNiHS? Membership is free!
Check out https://narnihs [dot] org/?page_id=2
<https://narnihs.org/?page_id=2> for details on how to join NARNiHS.

Kind regards,

The 2024 NARNiHS Research Incubator Organizing Committee
Carolina Amador-Moreno
Sandrine Tailleur
Kelly Wright