[Ads-l] Show me a good loser....

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 20 13:10:54 UTC 2024

Garson and the Dictionary of  Modern Proverbs find early exx. of the less
catchy "A good loser is no good," but their earliest ex. of the current
form is from 1965.

1952 John Mooney, in_Salt Lake Tribune (Mar. 2) S2: It would have been
better had I said, "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a consistent
loser."

1962 _Carmi [Ill.] Times_     Gus Doerner, former Evansville College
All-American basketball star,...confessed that "I've never been a good
loser....Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."

JL

--
"If the truth is half as bad as I think it is, you can't handle the truth.