[Ads-l] prom; lodge

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Jun 22 23:59:42 UTC 2024

I can imagine “We can’t skip Pride”.

As in

“We had already postponed it once, and we definitely want to do something, because in our mind you just can't skip Pride for a year,…”

"I know I know. I still haven't finished the Valentine's Day one BUT! The window is closing to make the pride event and I can't skip pride”

(A recurring event)

Not that different from “can’t skip commencement/graduation/homecoming…”

But yes, it was “the prom” for me, back in another millennium.

LH