[Ads-l] Final F-Word appeal: recent evidence?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Fri May 24 22:59:55 UTC 2024

Many thanks for these. In brief:

(1) I did add this as a new sense; my earliest example is 1968. This is a good cite, and I don't have anything else from the show, so I've added this.

(2) I didn't specifically have "fuck outta here", although I did have others in this family (e.g. _fuck_ as elliptical for "what the fuck"); I've added this.

(3) I've added several new senses for _fuck with_ (we've discussed some of them on ADS-L before); the earliest for the specific one you're talking about here, 'to appreciate; to enjoy; to respect' etc., I have from 1994.

Jesse Sheidlower