[Ads-l] An early F-word euphemism?

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 21 13:17:07 UTC 2024

I agree. "F-d" wouldn't even make much sense here. The dust looks battered?
Interfered with? Bungled? Stupid?  Seems like a strange comment in any case.

I also think that if someone wanted to write the f-word in a personal diary
at that time, they'd be likely either to write it out or use a simple

JL