[ADS-M] A message from the executive director of the American Dialect Society

Grant Barrett administrator at americandialect.org
Mon Apr 22 22:45:19 UTC 2019

Dear members and friends of the American Dialect Society,

I’m writing to ask you to consider a donation to the Society, which can now
be accomplished using PayPal or a credit card.

https://www.americandialect.org/donate

The Society has a mission to promote and support scholarship on the
languages of North America, and a primary related goal is to encourage the
interaction among all scholars, from students to professors emeriti to
independent linguists.

Among the endeavors your gift will help to fund are:

   - Student travel awards, which enable students to attend and participate
   in our annual meeting.
   - Presidential awards, which provide four-year Society memberships to
   students.
   - Our annual luncheon, which students are invited to attend free of
   charge.

The American Dialect Society is a non-profit organization that relies
heavily on volunteers and donors. Your gift in any amount is very much
appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration.

My best wishes,

<https://www.americandialect.org/wp-content/uploads/Julie-Roberts-signature.png>