[ADS-M] Fwd: Message to members

Grant Barrett grantbarrett at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 22:30:30 UTC 2019

Hello, ADS members.

I am so excited about our New Orleans meeting in January, and I hope you
are too. I’m writing to remind you of our new online registration process.

Please log in to our registration page (
https://www.americandialect.org/register-for-the-2020-american-dialect-society-conference-here)
and
click on Register Here.

In addition to registering for the conference, you can also reserve your
seat for our Saturday luncheon at 12:15. We will feature a buffet of New
Orleans specialties (with vegetarian options) and a talk by Sonja Lanehart,
University of Arizona, "Unapologetically Black Language, Linguists, and
Linguistics." We will also be announcing the winner of the Roger Shuy Best
Paper in *American Speech* Award. On-site registration for the conference
and tickets for the luncheon (while they last) will also be available at
the LSA Registration Desk.

I hope to see many of you in New Orleans in January!

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season,

Julie

Julie Roberts, Ph.D.

Executive Director, American Dialect Society
Professor and Director, Linguistics Program
University of Vermont
Julie.Roberts.uvm at gmail.com