[ADS-M] A message from the president of the American Dialect Society

Grant Barrett grantbarrett at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 01:16:07 UTC 2021

Dear ADS members,

It is my great pleasure to announce our 2022 American Dialect Society
Fellows for their scholarship and their great contributions to ADS and to
our field:

   - Ceil Lucas, Professor Emerita of Linguistics, Gallaudet University
   - John Rickford,  J. E. Wallace Sterling Professor in Linguistics and
   the Humanities, Emeritus, Stanford University
   - Roger Shuy, Distinguished Research Professor of Linguistics, Emeritus,
   Georgetown University

These distinguished colleagues join our inaugural 2021 Fellows:

   - John Baugh
   - Robert Bayley
   - Ron Butters†
   - Connie Eble
   - Joan Houston Hall
   - Bill Kretzschmar
   - Allan Metcalf
   - Dennis Preston
   - Luanne von Schneidermesser
   - Walt Wolfram

Because we cancelled our 2021 meeting due to the pandemic, all of these
Fellows will be honored at our January, 2022 meeting in Washington DC.

We know these are difficult times, especially for travel, but we hope to
see as many of you as possible there. You can learn more about the changes,
policies, and procedures that make holding this event possible:
https://www.linguisticsociety.org/content/lsa-annual-meeting-covid-policies-and-related-information

With all best wishes,

Michael Adams
President