[ADS-M] Annual Meeting Poster Session Viewing Open to All

Grant Barrett grantbarrett at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 15:41:07 UTC 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Julie Roberts <julie.roberts.uvm at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Dec 31, 2022 at 6:12 AM

Dear ADS members,

We know that many of you are unable or reluctant to travel at this time of
year, so we have created a way for you to have some participation in the
ADS 2023 Meeting. Please consider attending our poster session. It is fully
remote and free of charge. It will take place on Thursday, January 5 from
5:00 to 6:00 PM (Mountain Time, 7-8 EST). It is on the platform Gather, and
the link below will take you to an entry page with a brief and
simple-to-follow tutorial on using Gather. Once inside, you can view the
posters and talk to the presenters. (Your choice whether or not to use your
camera.) If you have questions, do let me know. We really appreciate your
support of ADS in times like these when full participation may be
difficult. Please join us!

https://app.gather.town/events/RWTHjgLTRKaZeSEeRygU

The link is live now if you want to try it out. You just can’t enter the
poster session until January 5.

Also we are holding Word of the Year (WOTY) live and in person again this
year in Denver! Although we are unable to provide a virtual WOTY this year
except for those registering as LSA virtual attendees, please follow along
on Twitter as we’ll be live tweeting at @americandialect. And of course, if
you’re in Denver, please join us.

Again thank you so much for your support of ADS and have a happy, safe, and
healthy New Year!

Best wishes,

Julie

Julie Roberts