[An-lang] to friends of John and Ida Wolff

John Ulrich Wolff juw1 at cornell.edu
Mon May 23 15:18:31 UTC 2016

Ida O. Wolff passed into the Afterlife on Friday May 20. 2016. We traveled the world in a futile cure for her cancer, returning to Ithaca, New York, with great suffering six days before her death. Ida spoke both her native languages, Cebuano and Samareño, with equal eloquence, as well as English, Spanish, and Tagalog. She was a partner to me, her husband, John, in my work and wrote and published short stories, although she had a thriving and busy career as a psychotherapist until her final illness. We lived in love and harmony married for over 53 years. Her obituary is attached.

John Wolff, Professor Emeritus
Linguistics and Asian Studies
Cornell University
145 Honess Lane Ithaca 14850