Arabic-L:PEDA:Degree Via Distance Learning?

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Oct 12 22:21:29 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Degree Via Distance Learning?

Date:  12 Oct 2001
From: Chris Holman <veracocha at hotmail.com>
Subject: Degree Via Distance Learning?

Hello friends...

I am curious as to what schools, if any, in the U.S. or abroad offer
a degree in Arabic, Middle Eastern Studies, or related fields through
a distance learning program. I have a student who has accumulated
Arabic credits through his schooling at the Defense Language
Institute and he is trying to apply them to a degree in Arabic but
the University of Oregon doesn't offer one at this time. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Holman
Arabic Instructor