Arabic-L:LIT:Needs help with lyrics to Faudel's Baida

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Fri May 28 22:25:15 UTC 2004

1) Subject:Needs help with lyrics to Faudel's Baida

Date: 28 Mar 2004
From:Benjamin Troutman <bentroutman at yahoo.com>
Subject:Needs help with lyrics to Faudel's Baida

Can anyone correct mistakes to the following transcription and
translation of  Faudel's lyrics to "Baïda".  Thanks for you help!

"Baïda" by Faudel

[Chorus]
Baïda, khsarti li hyati  |  Baïda, you ruined my life ah!
Ana gult lik barkani  |  I told you, 'Enough!'
Ma ala baleesh beli tefham  |  I don't know what you think
ban la'abek, ça y est trop tard  |  Your game has been exposed, that's
it [it's] too late

Heeya sbabi wa sbab hayati  |  She's my reason and the reason of my life
Leman nahki durri wa surri ah  |  To whom I relate my joy and pain ah!
Ma a'areft a'alash deek el mahna  |  I don't know why there's this
suffering
Gulu li a'alash nebghiha  |  Tell me why I love her

Chorus
hadert tout fras, neseet el passé  |  I've lose all opportunities,
forgotten the past
Na'ashaq fi z-zeen men el widan  |  I am in love with beauty, out of my
senses

Wa raï ee ah ya raï ah  |  Rai! Rai!
Gult lik a khlass, oublie l'histoire  |  I told you to stop, forget
about it
Neachaq fi zine min el widane |   I am in love with beauty, off the
deep end

Chorus