[Athapbasckan-L] New Series: Routledge Studies in Historical Linguistics

Claire Bowern clairebowern at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:37:23 UTC 2017

Dear List members,
Please see the following message about a new series in historical
linguistics that I am editing for Routledge. I would welcome proposals
that relate to historical linguistics, broadly construed. Please also
forward to any interested colleagues.
Best wishes,
Claire

A new series from Routledge Research, publishing research monographs
and scholarly edited collections—

Routledge Studies in Historical Linguistics

Series Editor: Claire Bowern, Yale University, USA

Historical linguistics is one of the oldest disciplines of
linguistics. It is the glue of much other foundational work on the
nature of language and provides crucial insights into how humans have
migrated and interacted with one another over the last five thousand
years. It is both a highly theoretical and profoundly empirical field,
rooted in the traditions of language documentation. Routledge Studies
in Historical Linguistics reflects the diversity of work that studies
language from a diachronic perspective. The scope of the series
includes: 1) diachronic issues within specific subfields of
linguistics, including (but not limited to) issues related to the
theory of change in phonology, morphology, phonetics, syntax,
semantics, pragmatics, language contact, and typology; 2) Within
historical linguistics, work dealing with language classification,
grammaticalisation, contact‐induced change, reconstruction, as well as
theoretical perspectives on language evolution; 3)
comparative/historical grammars of specific languages and language
families, including detailed comparative reconstruction in phonology,
morphology, and syntax; 4) interdisciplinary studies which combine
language change with insights from (but not limited to) archaeology,
anthropology, history, or geography.

For more information about the series or to submit a proposal, please
contact Claire Bowern, claire.bowern at yale.edu.

To view more of our recently published linguistics research monographs
and all of our Routledge Research linguistics series:
https://www.routledge.com/research.

--

Claire Bowern
Associate Professor