Transcription software

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Feb 26 01:53:18 UTC 2013

Dear Virginia,
   You can use the X-keys software (www.xkeys.com) with the CLAN editor to send signals to a USB Digital Foot Control.  This allows you foot-based control of the functions of CLAN's Sound Walker.  I don't think there is any user limit for X-keys software, but it may be limited to use with their hardware.  We don't really use this system, but we developed it a few years ago in case anyone wanted to use foot pedals with CLAN's Sound Walker function.  This is described in section 4.4 of the manual.

--Brian MacWhinney