Timedur analysis

Santina santa.temi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 19:47:23 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I am new to the use of CLAN and I have some questions to ask.

I am conducting the Timedur analysis and I would like to exclude some
utterances from the count. I have tried this by using the postcodes, as for
MLU and MLT, but the CLAN output lists all the utterances. Is there a
command to exclude the utterances in which I am not interested?

Also, the numbers showed in the "# cur" column do not correspond to those
in the transcript. What can I do to have them matched?

In some cases, I need to remove periods of time in which the participants
are doing something not related to the task. To do this, I have used the
following command:
timedur CHI -t%tim, however the output says that "Tier %tim, associated
with a selected speaker, hasn't been found in the input data". How should
the transcript be?

I will appreciate any suggestion.

Kind regards,
Santina