(a) Emmett, where are you? (b) ChInUk Wawa map of the NW

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Thu Dec 3 22:12:51 UTC 1998

At 12:21 PM 12/3/98 PST, you wrote:
>Dave:
>
>I have a large collection of CJ names here in BC, both placenames in the
>strict sense and names of buildings, streets, boats etc. (for a paper I gave
>at the Canadian Society for the Study of Names several years ago). And for
>placenames in the American Pacific Northwest, there has been quite extensive
>work done by a man called J? MacArthur? (I'll look it up - he was at the same
>meeting).
>
>If you like, I can print out my BC file and send it to you.

Barbara - would you send it to me, too, please?

If possible, I'd also add it to my website on the "placenames and tribal
names" page I've never completed, with your credit, of course, but mostly
I'd just like to see it to try and locate any I may not have known about
before.

By the way, there's a placename on the Chilcotin Plateau adjacent to the
Warner Range I have my suspicions about - the Dil-Dil Plateau; I've
wondered if this is a variation on "tsil-tsil", since the starlight up
there would be quite amazing.........it's an interesting formation; a flat
table-land on a shoulder of the range, flat as a board with a few small
lakes just above treeline by only a few feet; looks to be about 20 square
miles, way out in the middle of godforsaken nowhere......near Graveyard
Valley, where the big battle between the Chilcotins and Lillooets was
fought........

Mike Cleven