Time to have that little talk / was Re: Affective suffix -- "Steelhead"

Thu Nov 12 04:40:23 UTC 1998

Hello and LhaXawy at m, everyone!

You honor me with your presence and inspired participation in both of
these lists.  "I raise my hands to you."

I've been meaning to start both lists in their new homes with a forum so
that we can come up with agreed-upon guidelines for "netiquette".  You
know, how to behave on the lists.

Do we all know what "flames" are?

Don't send 'em.

Do we all know that ALL CAPITALS equals shouting (or screaming) on the
Internet?

Don't do it.

These are my only suggestions -- We've had a uniquely cordial and
egalitarian atmosphere on both lists from their start.  And the fewer
rules there are, the better.  I beg you all, post your suggestions for
improvements to these two mailing lists, and let's discuss 'em.  Can we
keep it all on the level of suggestions?  Can we just possibly go by the
Salish cultures' role model, and respect each others' wishes and ideas?

Your contribution is valued.  This means you.

The very best to you all from
Dave