Chinook History (fwd)

David Gene Lewis coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Wed Nov 18 18:36:31 UTC 1998

can anyone help these people?

"laska-lulu yaka kanamaqst" (we carry it together)

 "I am alive." Scott Momaday

"We must continue to struggle until we defeat those who have crowned
themselves, those who have helped to take the land from others, those who
make much money with the labor of people like us, those who mock us in
their estates."
>From the:Fourth Declaration of the Lancandon Jungle, 1/1/96.

"haias-masi" (many thanks)

David Lewis
coyotez at oregon.uoregon.edu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:52:54 -0500 (EST)
From: Timunit at aol.com
To: coyotez at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Subject: Chinook History

Mr. Lewis,

My daughter and I are involved in the Indian Princesses program of our local
YMCA. We belong to the Chinook tribe, and I am searching for a brief history
or background about these Native Americans.

I have done a little research on my own on the WEB and have not been able to
find what I am looking for. I came upon your web page, and noticing that you
are from the Chinook nation, I was hoping you would be able to help.

This history will eventually be posted on our website, so can I give you the
address if you are  interested.

I appreciate your time.

Tim Smith