Chinook browser development (was Fwd: Hawaiian language web browser released (fwd)

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Thu Nov 19 07:16:57 UTC 1998

Now that Netscape source code is "open", anyone can develop add-ons to it,
including other language versions.  To get this done, it would have to mean
that one of us is familiar with writing code - or we can convince someone to
develop it for us.  Any takers?

I kept notes on this once upon a time - y'know......File-Print,
Edit-Preferences, etc.

First suggestions "File" = "Ikta", "Edit" = "Mamook", "Save" - "Iskum",
"Undo" - "Kilapi", etc.  Some of the compounds needed are going to be
interesting.

Just for fun we could all develop this as a communal whiteboard page;
arguing out the possible terms.......

Also, there's Opera (www.operabrowser.com I think - maybe
www.operasoftware.com).

And as a "by the way", I noticed www.slanguage.com listed somewhere - maybe
the Herald Tribune.  Maybe Jeff's page is already listed there.....

Mike Cleven (hiyu siah kopa huloima illahee)