Next year's ChInUk Wawa gathering

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Thu Nov 26 19:45:48 UTC 1998

At 01:06 PM 11/23/98 -0800, David Robertson wrote:
>LaXayEm!
>
>Is it too early to suggest we discuss options for next year's Jargon
>gathering?  The first one worked out so well, I'm eager for 1999.
>
>So where should we meet?  Some possibilities have been mentioned:  I
>remember
>	*Vancouver BC
>	*Grand Ronde rez, OR
>	*Seattle, WA, Indian Health offices (?is that right?)
>	*Fort Vancouver Historic Site, Vancouver, WA
>	*Spokane, WA is one that I'll add to the list

I vote for Fort Vancouver - or Grande Ronde.  FV because of its implicit
interconnection with the development of the Jargon and the dedication of
the staff there to further awareness of it; GR for obvious reasons as the
last place it's really spoken in a community as a language in situ (lingua
in situ?).  My gut feeling is for Fort Vancouver because of the p.r. value
as well as local resources in the way of city life, motels, etc.; and ease
of access.  How's accommodation at Grande Ronde?