Enit?

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at TELEPORT.COM
Wed Jun 23 19:01:05 UTC 1999

Well, I suppose enit could have had native origin and then caught on
with non-natives who didn't realize its source, believing it did
sound like "ain't it."  Since Dave reports it sounds more like
"ennit" (which is further removed from "ain't"), this could be so.  I
can't recall having heard it myself so I guess I will have to check
out a copy of "Smoke Signals" so I can hear it firsthand.

I dreamed last night I was watching some old movie on TV that I had
seen several times before but this time they were speaking in mixed
Jargon and English.

My first Jargon dream.

Regards,

Jeff