Demers added to on-line dictionaries

Sat Sep 11 01:02:15 UTC 1999

Lhush san, Jeff,

Na kEmtEks Xawqalh na wawa pus kanawi lhaksta yekwa; I know I can't speak
for everyone here;

bEt hayu mehrsi pus ma munk mIlhayt hayu ChInUk bUk khapa IntErneht
(!)...but thank you very much for putting a bunch of Chinook Wawa books on
the Internet.

Dreht wik hayu tIlIXEm Las tl!ap ChInUk bUk khapa bUk haws khapa lhaska
tawn...Very few people can find Chinook Wawa books in the libraries in
their own towns, wigna?

Pi qiwa mayka mash ukuk hayu bUk khapa IntErneht...So because you're
sending all these books onto the Net...

Alhqi manak!i hayu tIlIXEm Las kEmtEks tEnEs Ikta khapa ChInUk!  More
people will know a little something about Chinook Jargon!

Tl!unEs wik lili pi ma mamunk mIlhayt wEXt tEnEs ChInUk c!Em pipa,
"scientific articles", khapa ma Wehb IlI7i.  You might even put some
papers about the Jargon on your web site.

Qhanchi na munk yaka ilEp lhush, alta lhush pus ma IskEm nayka pipa pus ma
Wehb IlI7i.  When I finish editing them, you could certainly use my papers
for your site.  ("Griva's and Rene's Manuscripts", and probably "Fox and
Cayooty" if my coauthor gives the okay.)

Pi alta na lhatEwa!
Dave

 *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html