Another addition to Web site

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at TELEPORT.COM
Mon Sep 13 21:28:18 UTC 1999

Klahowya, sikhs!  More news on the Jargon superhighway.  I have
gotten one more 19th-century journal article up:  J. Hammond
Trumbull's "On Some Words Derived From Languages of N. American
Indians," from the Transactions of the American Philological
Association (1872).

http://www.geocities.com/tenaswawa/trumbull.htm

As with the other new ones, it is presented as page  images.  It's
probably not as important as some other things I could post, but I
had already snagged the page images from U Toronto, and it was short
enough to finish in a couple of hours.

* * * Fixed New Pages for Smaller Screens * * *

I scrunched the menu bar which appears to the left of all the new
dictionaries/papers, so that those of you with only 640-wide screens
should now be able to see the full document width without scrolling
sideways.  Also, the frame dividing bar may be repositioned with your
mouse.  Failing that, using the alternate "non-Javascript menu" will
bring the images up full-screen, as well as accommodate those with
frames- or Javascript-incapable browsers.

(Please report any problems viewing the new pages, it's my first
attempt at JavaScript.)

* * * Geocities/Yahoo fixes the URLs  * * *

It is no longer necessary to type the tilde ~ in the URL of the Tenas
Wawa site.  www.geocities.com/tenaswawa now works!  (I'm sure my hit
count will just zoom now.)  (Now, if only they'd have an adequate
number of FTP connections once again...)

* * * Materials/Suggestions Solicited for the Web Site * * *

There will be a lull of a few weeks in Web site development while I
catch up on some other things.  We are going to try to get some
LeJeune materials together to go up next.  (Now that I know how to
format and present full-page images, we can finally do that).

Other suggestions are solicited and welcomed.  I did just OCR all of
W.S. Phillips ("El Commancho"), but it needs cleanup and HTML
conversion (a big job, similar to Shaw--unless I decide to chuck HTML
and post it as images, too).  While it is a fun book, it is on the
back burner until we get some more basic reference necessities up.

* * * Got Any Sound? * * *

Anyone coming across or creating any wawa sound recordings, please
let me know!  There is some room left for RealAudio files on the Web
site.  (And we can always get more.)

* * * Portland-Area News * * *

A reminder to all you stumptowners that the Oregon City Jargonauts
will be meeting again Sept. 25 at 3 pm in the "Pioneer Garden" (the
gazebo 'way to the right of the buildings).  Nanich mesaika yahwa!

Regards,

Jeff