Found More Stuff!

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at TELEPORT.COM
Wed Sep 15 05:52:10 UTC 1999

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:14:11 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>Howdy, Jeff,
>
>Makes you wonder what other search strategies you could use, enit?
>
>Like "wawa", "indian language(s)", "pidgin", "creole", etc.
>
>I love that detective work that's involved in this field!
>
>Dave

Well, "detective work" on-line can come close to "hacking"...

I went to get LeJeune's "First Chinook Reading Book," and instead I
got "A Rock Painting of the Thompson River Indians," by Teit and
Boas.  So I thought a typo may have been made in the index, and
fiddled with the file number in the generated retrieval string a bit
and got nowhere, dead ends or another work by LeJeune.  About to give
up on that one, on a desperate hunch, I did a search for "Rock
Painting" by Teit.  Could they have simply swapped the two entries?
Anyway, when that title came back, I looked where that work was
supposed to be, and "First Chinook Reading" came up!

The info highway can still be bumpy.

Regards,

Jeff