Eulachons (fwd)

Mike Cleven mike_cleven at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 5 10:52:20 UTC 2000

>From: David Robertson <drobert at TINCAN.TINCAN.ORG>
>To: CHINOOK at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
>Subject: Re: Eulachons (fwd)
>Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 18:40:30 -0700
>
>  *VISIT the archives of the CHINOOK jargon and the SALISHAN & neighboring*
>		    <=== languages lists, on the Web! ===>
>	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/salishan.html
>	   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/chinook.html

Anyone who's eaten too much cheese or deepfry can understand; although I
expect the high oil content of oolichans would lead as much to vomiting as
to constipation; pretty greasy stuff.  I could only ever eat one or two.
Dad was a Norwegian fish-eater big-time and used to down a fair number of
them, although I don't recall him doing this all the time; only as a special
treat.  Probably tastier than lutefisk, though....