Pri: Beaver (ekse Re: skookum)...the humorless need not readthis

Aron Faegre faegre at TELEPORT.COM
Sun Apr 9 18:37:46 UTC 2000

Mike Cleven wrote:

> >From: David Robertson <drobert at tincan.tincan.org>
>

> >Na tEmtEm uk "pIldEn kElEkElE" pus "loon"...
>
> Ack!  Shows you how far away from home _I_ am; forgotten about the brass
> spittoon-casting known as a loonie.  I was thinking of the old silver dollar
> with the flying goose on it....
>
> MC

To switch subjects slightly: Flying wild goose = Wawa.  [Wewe in Ojibwe] As in
Wawa, Ontario.  That greatly know place where hitch hikers never get out of if
dropped off -- along the NE shore of Lake Superior.  I looked up Wawa the other
day thinking it might be connected to the jargon, but it ain't so.

Aron