Shaping a Jargon future

barbara harris CHINOOK at UVVM.UVIC.CA
Wed Feb 2 23:36:18 UTC 2000

I'm just using Mike's title as an appropriate one for a request to all of you.
I'm giving a paper at the upcoming ILA conference in April entitled "Chinook
Jargon Redivivus" dealing with the tremendous upsurge of interest in CJ, how
it's being brought up to date (like "raydyo haws" - I don't think that's quite
the right spelling), etc. What I would like to know is how did you all get
interested in the Jargon in the first place? (I'll tell you my story some
other time.) And if any of you would like to contribute coinages, new
circumlocutions etc., I'd be eternally grateful, too. Be sure you'll all be
mentioned in the References!

Thanks in advance,

Barbara