Greetings from Europe

Josep Carles Lainez deiadar at ARRAKIS.ES
Tue Jan 4 23:51:39 UTC 2000

Hi everybody,
    Some time ago I subscribed this list, but for many reasons I left the debate and I dedicated to other questions. Now, from a new perspective and with renewal aims, I would like to be more implicated in the promotion and defense of Chinook.
    My name is Josep Carles Lainez, Linguist (Catalan and Spanish languages & literatures), I live in Valencia, a Mediterranean city in Spain, where I was born and raised, and since eighteen years I am involved in the defense of European minority languages such as Catalan, Aragonese or Occitanian, all of them belonging to a same linguistic community.
    I am going to read the article on "diffusionism" that Linda (?) suggest. It is a very atractive subject and in Europe, mainly in France, there has been archaeological discoveries very impressive; for instance, a writing from 8.000 b. C (!!!). I will join the discussion next Sunday.
    A last thing: forgive my English!
    Regards,
    Josep Carles