? ChInuk Wawa reydiyo haws ?

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Sat Jan 22 03:13:47 UTC 2000

David Robertson wrote:

> LhaXayEm.
>
> -Qha mEsayka tEmtEm tl'ap makwst-talhEm pi lakEt dIndIn wawa-lEluba pus
> mEsayka Shawash IlI7i reydiyo haws?
>
> Where are you folks going to find twenty-four hours of materials (tape)
> for your Grand Ronde radio station?

What would be easier, maybe, would be to come up with syndicatable
shorts that could either be played on demand from off the web or
syndicated out to certain radio shows and stations who like this kind of
thing.  I know the show "Klahowya" on Co-Op Radio (the commie
station;-)) in Vancouver would welcome material on the Jargon, and
there'd be some interest from the CBC and other native shows and
stations in western Canada.  Having it available on the Web also makes
it possible for members of the nations in the region where the Jargon
was once used to have access to it; we've had contact from Jargon
speakers far-flung throughout the vastness of the Northwest, from
Kitimat to Cranbrook and Chilliwack; if everyone had on-line webtel of
some kind we could even have a weekly talkshow session.  It all takes
organization, though.....