Phonological system of Mitchif ======>some CJ words

Pass/Kishkan/High Ground Press high_ground at SUNSHINE.NET
Sun Jan 23 03:00:55 UTC 2000

Mike Cleven wrote:

>  I don't know enough Alaskan history to know how much archival
>material might exist from the Russian era, but I suspect that Russian
>America company records and files wound up in some state archive in
>Moscow; there's an extensive directory of such resources by imperial and
>soviet department, but I've found no reference to the Russian America
>Company monopoly.

There's a new llink on David Mattison's B.C. History Site which contains
information about Russian contact on the coast but the ulr doesn't seem to
be correct; that is, clicking the link results in a message saying the
address is wrong. I notified D.M. and hope it's corrected soon as it looks
like an interesting place to look.

http://www.victoria.tc.ca/Resources/bchistory-disciplines.html

Theresa Kishkan