coulee etc.

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Wed Jan 26 01:10:26 UTC 2000

Ack - that was YOU who posted the info about sound changes in
Prairie/Metis French.  Here's your post again, which would account for
the coule'e transference into English directly from Metis/Prairie
French, instead of having to have the English borrowers change the
vowel, which I suppose was the only other possibility.....