? ChInuk Wawa reydiyo haws ?

Mike Cleven ironmtn at BIGFOOT.COM
Thu Jan 27 00:17:54 UTC 2000

David Lewis wrote:

> A cheap solution for webcasting could be WebTV systems which are running
> about $200-$300 for full web access. Broadcasted on a large TV would mean
> efficient and effective classes.  I wonder if there couldn't be some sort
> of grant program to buy webTV units for Indian people who want to relearn,
> CJ? Sound to me like a community development and education scheme which
> might work.

You'd want to budget for webcams and mics and soundcards and stuff.  I
can't remember WebTV's specs as far as carrying browser plugins or on
how to do voicetel or imagetel using WebTV.  It's a Microsoft company,
and they _do_ have certain community outreach/education programs.
There'd be some further technology that you'd need past the WebTV box,
though, plus bandwidthing communities; I don't think that WebTV
currently runs off cable does it?  Isn't it still phone-based?  There's
a big convergence if similar techologies coming; I think if you busy
yourselves with the organization and the scripts etc. an ideal TV-based
2-way/broadcast technology for the Net will come along in a few
months......

Mike