Smithsonian Folkways recording of Chinook Jargon music available for purchase

Dave Robertson tuktiwawa at NETSCAPE.NET
Tue Oct 31 06:55:29 UTC 2000

Hello,

If you go to the website of Smithsonian Folkways Records (easy to find with
a search engine), you can order yourself a copy of the album "Haida:  Indian
Music of the Pacific Northwest", which includes at least one Chinook Jargon
love song, as well as renowned artist Mungo Martin singing and talking.

I'll try to send you the link to the website later.

There was also at least one other Folkways record, mostly featuring people
from the Lummi Reservation of northwestern Washington I think, containing
numerous Jargon songs--but it looks like it may not be available anymore.
You'd probably have to find it in a local public or college library.

Best,
Dave