an open letter to Dave

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at QWEST.NET
Fri Feb 9 04:10:51 UTC 2001

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:01:33 -0800, "Kara Briggs"
<yakamakid at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>Really, this is about you readers, why do you all tolerate his bull dogging
>of people, his historic and racial chauvinism and his short sighted
>opinions???

Because we can't get rid of him.  (It's a long story.)  I have a
filter set to ignore Mike's messages, but still become unhappily
aware of them when somebody responds.

Beyond that, I was disturbed when I first saw Peter's "any comments?"
message which started this thread.  It looked like a troll to me, and
whether or not it was, it ultimately had that effect.  Not a
thoughtful thing to do.

Soliciting opinions, as well as asserting opinion as fact, disrupts
the list and threatens to demolish it.  Please--everybody--remember
it was started for research, education and resource sharing.

Jeff