origin of "quimnut", "quinnut" => Quinault?

Theresa Kishkan tkishkan at UNISERVE.COM
Wed Feb 28 17:53:27 UTC 2001

All my handbooks of salmon refer to bluebacks as coho in their third year
(because of their blue-green colour at that point in their life-cycle), when
they weigh several pounds and are prized eating fish. The handliners on my
part of the coast used to fish bluebacks in late winter and spring.

Theresa K.