"The CVC of Sociolinguistics" [Fwd: 11.2668, Books: Sociolinguistics]

Dave Robertson TuktiWawa at NETSCAPE.NET
Wed Jan 10 04:03:43 UTC 2001

Nayka khapit kEmtEks pus ilEp nayka mash mEsayka ukuk ts'Em-pipa...Dave
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 11.2668, Books: Sociolinguistics
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 03:07:14 -0000

Date:  Thu, 7 Dec 2000 06:53:04 -0500 (EST)
From:  iulc at indiana.edu
Subject:  Socioling: The CVC of Sociolinguistics by Auger & Word-Allbritton

IULC PUBLICATIONS is pleased to announce the release of its newest title:

The CVC of Sociolinguistics:  Contact, Variation, and Culture
(IULC Working Papers, volume 2)
edited by Julie Auger and Andrea Word-Allbritton

This volume is the second in a working papers series initiated by the
Department of Linguistics at Indiana University and the Indiana
University Linguistics Club to showcase the research of our students,
faculty, and alumni.  Each volume focuses on a theme that reflects one
of our strengths.  Accordingly, the focus of this second volume is
sociolinguistics.  Pidgins and creoles, languages in contact,
political discourse, new varieties of French and English, regional
vs. central norms, language planning, and sociolinguistic variation
are the main topics treated in one or more papers in this volume.

Contributors:  Julie Auger, Corrine Etienne, Dan Golembeski,
               Beverly S. Hartford, Andrew J. Koontz-Garboden,
               Samuel Gyasi Obeng, John Paolillo,
               Kevin J. Rottet, Albert Valdman, and Rose Wilkerson.

161 pp.
Price:  $18 plus $4 shipping, prepaid

For more information, and to see other works that we offer, please consult
our Website at:
        http://www.indiana.edu/~iulc/
or e-mail us for more information at: <iulc at indiana.edu>.

* 720 E. Atwater Ave./Bloomington IN 47401-3634/<iulc at indiana.edu>  *
* http://php.indiana.edu/~iulc/                                     *
* Vicki Anderson, Business Manager                                  *
* Laura Knudsen, Publications Editor                                *
* Masa Deguchi, IULC Treasurer                                   *

 If you buy one of these books, please tell the publisher or author that you
saw it on LINGUIST.