Idiomatic translation request

Jeffrey Kopp jeffkopp at QWEST.NET
Wed Jun 27 03:38:29 UTC 2001

From time to time the Web site draws requests for a romantic Jargon
translation to name a special place or thing.  This one is kind of a
stumper for me, as my first thought (of a literal translation) was a
jumble like "water under the road above the water."  Would there be a
similar Native idiom for events past by or lost to time which we
could arrange suitably in the Jargon?

(Some ideas I had: Laly kapsualla klatawa--time steals away?
Chuck klatawa ahnkutte--water gone by?  I don't know if these
constructions would actually make sense in Jargon.)

I'll consolidate replies or put you in touch with the emailer.

Thanks.

Jeff